RJ45 RJ12 UTP Network LAN Cable Tester
Ever wondered if there was a problem with your network or phone cables? Got static on the line? That’s what these kind of cable testers are built for. Here’s a very affordable and easy to use one for you to get.
If you’ve never used one of these before, let’s look at what all those abbreviations mean.
- RJ45 – Type of jack/plug used for network cabling.
- RJ12 – Type of jack/plug used for basic phone cabling.
- UTP – Unshielded Twisted Pair cabling. Used for basic phone cabling. Unsheilded means it could pick up electrical noise from nearby sources.
How Long Did It Take To Get? About 18 days. Coming direct from China, that’s pretty good.
Was It Packaged Well? Could have been better. It was in a plastic bag inside of a bubble wrap envelope. It got here safely with no damage.
Does It Work? Yes, it does just what it’s supposed to do. It’s not industrial quality, of course, but for the occasional testing of a cable, especially ones that are already run through walls and ceilings, it works just fine.
Should I Buy It? Yes. If it’s something you want for personal use, you can’t beat the price. Ridiculously cheap.
Specifications and Features:
- Size: 105 x 100 x 25mm
- Weight: 118g
- Test UTP cables, wires 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and Ground
- Can determine wrong connection, short circuit, and open circuit
- Cable Tester for RJ12, RJ45
- Works up to 300m
- 9 LED lights to indicate wiring connection on both remote and master unit
- Auto scanning function for rapid testing
- Built-in power switch
- Uses one 9V battery (Not included)
- 1 x LAN Network/Phone Cable Tester RJ11 RJ12 RJ45 Cat5
- 1 x English Manual
Powered by WP Product Review